vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

ignition barrel jammed on yesterday 100 miles from home, DOH!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
daddy-cool
daddy-cool

ignition barrel jammed on yesterday 100 miles from home,  DOH! Empty
PostSubject: ignition barrel jammed on yesterday 100 miles from home, DOH!   ignition barrel jammed on yesterday 100 miles from home,  DOH! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 12:15 pm

Had a day trip to tenby yesterday, sun was shining,kids were happy, all in all a great day, untill
we all got in to the bus to make the 100 milie trip back home!
put the key in the ignition but wouldn't turn, then CLICK the bloody steering lock goes on!
in the boot i go as i know there's some wd-40 in there, yep got some so i wedge the red straw in to the key part
and start to blast away, also gave it a good clout with a ratchet i found at the bottom of the glove box for good measure!
after 45 minutes of panic managed to get the lock off and the ignition to turn and off we go!

this morning had a look to see if i can see what the problem was but all looks ok???
the wd-40 did the job but some things still not right, it's like putting a key in a rusty padlock very stiff!

any one heard of this happening before?
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: ignition barrel jammed on yesterday 100 miles from home, DOH!   ignition barrel jammed on yesterday 100 miles from home,  DOH! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 9:08 pm

had a similar experiance back along,, caused me to panic, so walked away for 5 mins then came back put key in ignition and it turned just like that..panic over..still got no idea why it wouldnt turn..
Back to top Go down
Lynchy
Lynchy

PostSubject: Re: ignition barrel jammed on yesterday 100 miles from home, DOH!   ignition barrel jammed on yesterday 100 miles from home,  DOH! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 10:23 pm

going by my experiance over the years this is a common fault its due to the barrel drying out dont use wd40 best thing to use is a good quality lube as wd40 is water based and only drys out after a while mine did the same on sat sparyed it now it working ok all vauxhalls suffer with this prob had one in work last year ended up having to have a new ignition barrel had to wait a week till we got it from vauhall as special ordear as made to the key .hope this helps
dave
Back to top Go down
daddy-cool
daddy-cool

PostSubject: Re: ignition barrel jammed on yesterday 100 miles from home, DOH!   ignition barrel jammed on yesterday 100 miles from home,  DOH! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 12:00 am

googled my problem in and found lots of people had similar experiences to me and most of them being vx owners!
any ways just to be on the safe side i ordered a new barrel and now as mentioned
i have a two day wait for the barrel to be matched to my key at a price of £92
all well eaten in to my wheels savings yet again ignition barrel jammed on yesterday 100 miles from home,  DOH! Icon_cry
Back to top Go down
steve_ti
steve_ti

PostSubject: Re: ignition barrel jammed on yesterday 100 miles from home, DOH!   ignition barrel jammed on yesterday 100 miles from home,  DOH! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 7:50 am

Thats what cars do mate! lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ignition barrel jammed on yesterday 100 miles from home, DOH!   ignition barrel jammed on yesterday 100 miles from home,  DOH! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ignition barrel jammed on yesterday 100 miles from home, DOH!
Page 1 of 1