vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

Radio code ??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
davidmv6

Radio code ?? Empty
PostSubject: Radio code ??   Radio code ?? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 9:58 am

Hi
Will ask what might seem a realy stupid question ,Smile), but does the radio need a code entering if the battery is removed from a Zafira B ??, i have looked in the radio book but can find no mention of entering a code if you need to remove the radio ?, so i can only assume that no code is needed, i just wanted to check before i remove the radio, its not to fit another head unit, i want to fit a parrot hands free which as you know needs the radio to be disconnected to fit the parrot, thank you for any help.
David
Back to top Go down
clarky69
clarky69

Radio code ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio code ??   Radio code ?? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 2:42 pm

Hi i removed my head unit a few weeks ago and replaced it, no code needed, just plugged back in and worked straight off.
hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

Radio code ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio code ??   Radio code ?? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 6:34 pm

i thought/understood that all the vauxhalls locked your factory fitted radio if you disconnect the battery, mine certainly did when i disconected the battery ....do you have your radio code ,its usually on the carpass that comes with your car..a credit card sized piece of paper with radio code and car security code etc on it..
Back to top Go down
davidmv6

Radio code ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio code ??   Radio code ?? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 11:37 pm

supersterl wrote:
i thought/understood that all the vauxhalls locked your factory fitted radio if you disconnect the battery, mine certainly did when i disconected the battery ....do you have your radio code ,its usually on the carpass that comes with your car..a credit card sized piece of paper with radio code and car security code etc on it..

Thanks for the reply to my question, but i asked as i have no code for the radio on the car pass, i do have all other relavent info like car code and key No etc, but no radio code, i just thought that no code was needed as one was not supplied ??, if i lose the radio i can always take it to Vauxhall for recodeing i guess ??, but thanks again for the advise, i did say it was maybe a stupid question to ask Smile
Dave.
Back to top Go down
davidmv6

Radio code ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio code ??   Radio code ?? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 12:18 am

clarky69 wrote:
Hi i removed my head unit a few weeks ago and replaced it, no code needed, just plugged back in and worked straight off.
hope this helps.

Hi
Thanks for the info, i hope i have the same luck as yourself, i only want to fit a parrot hands free , if i do lose the radio i can maybe always get Vauxhall to re code it i guess ??, thanks again.
Dave.
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

Radio code ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio code ??   Radio code ?? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 7:49 am

Dave if its the original radio, and you have the carpass you can take it too vauxhall with proof you own the car and they should be able to give you the code for the radio..as its not on the car pass.also if you have the radio manual sometimes they write it in there..cheers Sterl
Back to top Go down
andromeda411
Regional Co.
Regional Co.
andromeda411

Radio code ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio code ??   Radio code ?? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 1:46 pm

my radio has been in and out many times and i did not need the code.

also i bought a second hand head unit and screen and put them into my zaf b and did not need the code.

i guess you can only try it and see.
Back to top Go down
davidmv6

Radio code ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio code ??   Radio code ?? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 2:00 pm

Thanks for the advise, will be taking the radio out this week, so will keep me fingers crossed that it works again after Smile, if not a trip to Vauxhalls will be the order of the day , all this just to fit hands free parrot Smile.

Regards Dave .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Radio code ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio code ??   Radio code ?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radio code ??
Page 1 of 1