vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

Future radio upgrade

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nixoro
nixoro

Future radio upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Future radio upgrade   Future radio upgrade Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 10:19 pm

I have been toying with the Idea of fitting an aftermarket radio with the adapter to fit a single DIN radio for MP3 function the only problem is the clock is managed by the radio controls on the on my current radio a CD30, have been looking and found a few CD30 with the MP3 function which is really what I'm after, can anyone tell me though will the clock also be adjustable through the radio still if I fit a CD30 MP3 assuming I can find a good one and cost of configuring to car doesn't cost a small fortune.

Its a tricky one as I seen a nice flip out jobby but think I'd be stuffed if I ever had to disconnect the battery.

Any Ideas, advice would be greatfully appreciated

Cheers

Roy Smile
Back to top Go down
clarky69
clarky69

PostSubject: Re: Future radio upgrade   Future radio upgrade Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 7:49 am

Hi Roy the mp3 version will work the same as your unit now, however as i mentioned in andromeda 411 reply about his display unit, as far as i'm aware you'll have to get the new radio tech 2'd to work with your head unit, apparently they are all programmed together at the factory, so your display will only work with your head unit and vice versa.
this is just from what i've read else where, havn't done this myself yet!!!
i want to try and get the trip computer working, but will need a different display unit first.
hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
andromeda411
Regional Co.
Regional Co.
andromeda411

PostSubject: Re: Future radio upgrade   Future radio upgrade Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 10:53 am

this is what i am trying to do also clarky69 is to get the trip computer working.
don't know if i could use op-com to make it work and pair 2 units
Back to top Go down
nixoro
nixoro

PostSubject: Re: Future radio upgrade   Future radio upgrade Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 9:29 pm

clarky69 wrote:
Hi Roy the mp3 version will work the same as your unit now, however as i mentioned in andromeda 411 reply about his display unit, as far as i'm aware you'll have to get the new radio tech 2'd to work with your head unit, apparently they are all programmed together at the factory, so your display will only work with your head unit and vice versa.
this is just from what i've read else where, havn't done this myself yet!!!
i want to try and get the trip computer working, but will need a different display unit first.
hope this helps.

Trip computer query which one do you need to enable this do you know? mine is the full screen thinking I may not need to replace the screen.

Regards the radio I am on the look out hoping to find a good unit in the same colour as my current one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Future radio upgrade   Future radio upgrade Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Future radio upgrade
Page 1 of 1