vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

Zafira A problems help!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
vern

Zafira A problems help! Empty
PostSubject: Zafira A problems help!   Zafira A problems help! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 12:37 am

Hi First time post

I traded in my nice SAAB 93 1.9tid for a 02 plate 1.8 zafira back in september 2009(due too having first child and needed something with more space in back to get push chair in and out as it was a pain to get in the SAAB),It ran ok for the first day then i got eml on it still drove ok but lost the zippyness about it and i was only getting about 20 MPG, had it back to the garage pob's about 6-8 times over a 2 month period every time got back light off but came back on after a few miles. The garage clean the plugs a lot and eventually after me looking on these forums and finding out it could be the lamba sensor the reluctantly changed it but light came on every time it was back in garafe they clean plug or lamba senor,in the end i got realy sick of them getting no where so i tooke it to the local vaux dealer and they said it could be a number of things lamba sensor,somethng else,wiring harness,ecu all together it was going to cost a canny bit money if they had to change them all so i did not get it done as did not really have the money (codes were P0135,p0130 and p170 back in the begining.So i still drove it light still on i looked a round for a answer to the problem still drove basicly the same,about 2-3 months ago it statred too rev upto 1500-2000 rpm on startup then eventually go down to someware nere what it should be, but now over the last 3-4 weeks i have had more problems it started to rev up byself with or without and over the last 2 weeks the throttle has been going completly on me so i would have no control no power engine still running some times would only last 2-3 seconds or i could some times take foot off throttle and re aply and that would sort it . But recently it goes altogether some times 10 mins then iwould get power back the n ot would die again,So i have bought a 2nd hand throttle body and cleaned it up before fitting after fitting it was back to how it was before for about a day the stateted again so took off again and the inlet hole for 1of the pipes that come from the rocker cover was bloked slight this time only about 1.5mm in size cleaned it out and itsbeen ok been about 2 days but still have got EML on with codes (P0170 Feul trim Malfunction Bank 1) and (p0135 Oxygen sensor heater circuit malfunction Bank 1 Sensor 1) , i have also changed the (Maf) and it has had plugs and a service done,I have just ordered a Lamba sensor to see if the 1 the garage fitted was duff,

Please help this is doing my head in now!!
I Just want the car too run like it did the first day i got it and get rid of the (EML) i have herd it could be the (ECU) ££££ Money i have not got to spend.

Sorry about it being a bit long winded.

Well yes i changed the lamba sensor bank 1 sensor 1 on sunday 27-06-10 and it was working alot better,Until thurs morning 01-07-10 light came on again when i got round too checking it out latter that day i had 1 code (p0420) catalyst systerm efficiency below threshold bank 1 ? any ideas,does this mean the exhurst is not working properly ?

any help grateful
thanks

John
Back to top Go down
madman87
madman87

PostSubject: Re: Zafira A problems help!   Zafira A problems help! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 12:48 am

i am having the some thing happing to mine, i have to get a new throttle body for it.
Back to top Go down
IAN74

PostSubject: Re: Zafira A problems help!   Zafira A problems help! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 12:56 am

hello and welcome . some one on here should point you in the right direction bud with what it is . i know they have trouble with throttle bodys and coil packs can play up to .
Back to top Go down
vern

PostSubject: Re: Zafira A problems help!   Zafira A problems help! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 12:46 am

thanks guys for advice,but dont think its coil pack and i already repaced the throttle body.

i have code p0420 on think (p0420) catalyst systerm efficiency below threshold bank 1 ? any ideas,does this mean the exhurst is not working properly ?
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: Zafira A problems help!   Zafira A problems help! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 9:31 am

have you reset the codes vern... and tried the pedal test again..

reset either with opcom /tech2 or just disconnect the battery for 30mins ..dont forget if you do the latter to make sure you have any codes (radio) etc before hand written down..
Back to top Go down
vern

PostSubject: Re: Zafira A problems help!   Zafira A problems help! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 11:10 am

yes i have rest the codes i have done that a lot over the time of having the zafira,what is the pedal test and what does it do?, is it to see if codes come back?

I have a laptop, cable and have some obd2 software so i can read codes and reset them and other things.
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: Zafira A problems help!   Zafira A problems help! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 11:42 am

the pedal tests reads the fault codes..handy if your out and about without adding a code reader..
there is a how to in the How To section of the forum..
Back to top Go down
vern

PostSubject: Re: Zafira A problems help!   Zafira A problems help! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 12:30 am

Cheers,I tend too wait till i get home.

thanks
Back to top Go down
corsatdave

PostSubject: Re: Zafira A problems help!   Zafira A problems help! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 10:28 am

have you had the exhaust checked fella?
maybe the cat has s+@t its self
i had a coupe turbo and one day got in it had lost power over night for nothing
i gave it some and let it cool down
i ended up leaving my car on the front for 10 mins talking to my dad running
when got back i opened the door and i could feel heat coming from underneath
looked under the car and my cat was glowing bright yellow
turned out my cat crumbled some how (vauxhall standard issue)
had full exhaust put on and not one problem
have a look fella
if does the same if what your goign to try doesnt work
and if no luck get back to us all
Back to top Go down
vern

PostSubject: Re: Zafira A problems help!   Zafira A problems help! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 11:56 pm

Thanks corsatdave
Now that you said about the heat,I get lot of heat from under neath the drivers door area back of front wheel when been running for long time,I've never looked under neath when this has happened.
I was going too go too the local garage too see how much it would cost for emisions test and maybes get that done cause that should tell me if the cat has F*#k up ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zafira A problems help!   Zafira A problems help! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zafira A problems help!
Page 1 of 1