vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

fuel gauge accuracy?

Go down 
+2
MadSpringer
RICHARDSDTI
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RICHARDSDTI
RICHARDSDTI

Gauge - fuel gauge accuracy? Empty
PostSubject: fuel gauge accuracy?   Gauge - fuel gauge accuracy? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 12:24 pm

I have noticed over last week or so my fuel gauge is a bit vague about its content. the other day i parked it up with a quarter of a tank and a day and a half later i went back started driving up the road and i was just above the red. then yesterday stopped at a shop turned engine off , came back started up and the fuel gauge had dropped again. is this a common thing or have i got a really annoying problem????
Back to top Go down
MadSpringer
MadSpringer

PostSubject: Re: fuel gauge accuracy?   Gauge - fuel gauge accuracy? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 1:11 pm

mines done this since i bought, i took it to gargae whilst still under warrenty they replaced a fuel sensor or somehting and seemed to be OK (maybe juts mentally) but has been doing it ever since.

Only does when tank i about a quarter full and below

....god knows i juts live with it

cheers

Steve
Back to top Go down
tomZ20LET
Merchandiser

PostSubject: Re: fuel gauge accuracy?   Gauge - fuel gauge accuracy? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 8:34 pm

most are the trip computer is wrong 9 times out of 10 due to the fuel pump being on the left hand side and not centrethat does'nt help either as u are never on a level road so it always reads wrong if your light is on make sure you park with the passanger side lower that the drivers other wise it wont start the next day or dont park with near side wheels on the kurb always do it drivers
Back to top Go down
RICHARDSDTI
RICHARDSDTI

PostSubject: Re: fuel gauge accuracy?   Gauge - fuel gauge accuracy? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 9:55 pm

cheers lads. just wondered if it was normal or I had something else to spend money on. lol
Back to top Go down
Moonman
Moonman

PostSubject: Re: fuel gauge accuracy?   Gauge - fuel gauge accuracy? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 11:07 am

Zafira fuel gauges are rubbish, I always have to park my car facing up the street and not down when I have a quarter or less as there is a wicked camber at the sides of the road.
Back to top Go down
bud1970
Mod
Mod
bud1970

PostSubject: Re: fuel gauge accuracy?   Gauge - fuel gauge accuracy? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 11:41 am

yeh, i have the same problem also. when i go below quarter full, every time i switch off the engine and start it up again, me fuel light is on!!!!! guessing this must be a common niggle with zaf "A"'s....................
Back to top Go down
BBmadness
BBmadness

PostSubject: Re: fuel gauge accuracy?   Gauge - fuel gauge accuracy? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 4:25 pm

Moonman wrote:
Zafira fuel gauges are rubbish, I always have to park my car facing up the street and not down when I have a quarter or less as there is a wicked camber at the sides of the road.

Same issure for me though if i park mine facing up it wont start so have to face it down

Annoying. Shoved £30 in it last week not even done 100 miles and its saying only 44 miles left in the tank.
Started today off at 75 miles done bout 6 max and now its down to 44

FRUSTRATING Suspect Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.saexecutivetravel.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fuel gauge accuracy?   Gauge - fuel gauge accuracy? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

fuel gauge accuracy?
Page 1 of 1