vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

Zafira design flaw

Go down 
+3
madgezza
bud1970
denzzz28
7 posters
AuthorMessage
denzzz28
denzzz28

Zafira design flaw Empty
PostSubject: Zafira design flaw   Zafira design flaw Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 8:21 pm

I love my zafira but i just cant imagine why the designers put such a huge windshield pillar. its just very dangerous because of the huge blind gap it creates. there have been several occassion that i almost hit a biker and a cyclist and there also a problem on roundabouts you just cant see the other car on the front right side, the only was i get around this is by rocking my body forwards and backwards just to cover the blind gap.

another thing is the spare wheel issue, i had mine stolen and the only time i realized it was stolen is when i had a flat tyre. so i have no idea when it was stolen because the thief put the cradle back. i went online to check if anyone had the same experience and i was surprise to see that there was a lot of zaff owners had their spare wheel stolen. one of them complained to a vauxhall garage but then they said its not a design flaw so its not they fault the spare tyre got stolen, but they did offer him this plastic device that he had to pay £35 to keep the tyre from being stolen. which is funny because the fact that they have the device means that they are aware of this problem. (as*****s!). anyway i didnt but that device instead i put a chain and padlock my rear tyre.
Back to top Go down
bud1970
Mod
Mod
bud1970

Zafira design flaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zafira design flaw   Zafira design flaw Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 8:31 pm

know all about the blind spot, nearly come a cropper more than once in mine.... as for the spare, if you tighten it enough no-one 'll nick it, trust me....
Back to top Go down
madgezza
Group Buyer
Group Buyer
madgezza

Zafira design flaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zafira design flaw   Zafira design flaw Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 10:41 pm

blind spot is the one bad point with the bus that ive found, just got to take a bit more care
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

Zafira design flaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zafira design flaw   Zafira design flaw Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 9:13 am

i agree with the blind spot
Back to top Go down
http://www.vxzoc.com
clarky69
clarky69

Zafira design flaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zafira design flaw   Zafira design flaw Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 10:28 am

topladz wrote:
i agree with the blind spot

Totally agree
Back to top Go down
griffo

Zafira design flaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zafira design flaw   Zafira design flaw Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 9:10 am

also noticed the blind spot dont bother with the chain mate they were pinchin them of the work tranny vans that have steel cable. 20 secs and a set of bolt croppers
Back to top Go down
denzzz28
denzzz28

Zafira design flaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zafira design flaw   Zafira design flaw Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 10:07 am

I actually realized, with my body kit, it is already hard to get the tyre out and i havent lowered it yet, so if i lower the car it would be impossible for the thief to knick it let alone gain access.

so there you go, if you dont want your spare tyre to get knicked, install a body kit and lower your car! Zafira design flaw Lol Zafira design flaw Lol Zafira design flaw Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
IAN74

Zafira design flaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zafira design flaw   Zafira design flaw Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 1:16 pm

what about when you get a flat . dont lower it to much lol. and yes know what you mean abot the blind spot had my first incounter with it the other day lost un astra in it not good. Zafira design flaw Affraid
Back to top Go down
denzzz28
denzzz28

Zafira design flaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zafira design flaw   Zafira design flaw Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 1:27 pm

IAN74 wrote:
what about when you get a flat . dont lower it to much lol. and yes know what you mean abot the blind spot had my first incounter with it the other day lost un astra in it not good. Zafira design flaw Affraid

i bought a small hydraulic jack small enough to fit under the car but powerfull enough to lift it.
Back to top Go down
IAN74

Zafira design flaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zafira design flaw   Zafira design flaw Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 4:10 pm

that sorts that one mate and a great way of geting round the other half as to why you got to lower the bus have to remember that one lol.
Back to top Go down
denzzz28
denzzz28

Zafira design flaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zafira design flaw   Zafira design flaw Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 4:28 pm

IAN74 wrote:
that sorts that one mate and a great way of geting round the other half as to why you got to lower the bus have to remember that one lol.
yeah i remember that LOL! Zafira design flaw Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
IAN74

Zafira design flaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zafira design flaw   Zafira design flaw Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 4:58 pm

lol. have to wait to lower the bus . just orderd new discs and pads all round and got to get a new dump valve.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Zafira design flaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zafira design flaw   Zafira design flaw Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zafira design flaw
Page 1 of 1