vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

Poorly gearbox

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dufc3125
dufc3125

Poorly gearbox Empty
PostSubject: Poorly gearbox   Poorly gearbox Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 4:16 pm

MY 04 plate GSI is occasionally having issues with getting into first, all other gears are fine but with first it will either not go at all in or crunch in. It also pops out as I come off the clutch sometimes.

Anyone got any ideas what the issue could be prior to me treking down to my local Opel garage to try and explain in my best non-existent German !!
Back to top Go down
THE ZAFINATOR
THE ZAFINATOR

Poorly gearbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poorly gearbox   Poorly gearbox Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 10:02 pm

hi ,you need to check the gear remote on the top off the gear box ,there is i roll pin that ,holds it together ,these get play in them and means a new one,but not to worry ,if you get a centre punch and go round the out side of the dowl ,this will close ou the play ,do it both sides and give the linkage a good lubricating,hope this helps ,i have just fitted a new cluch and noticed it when the box was out ,as i had the same problem with first ,and the cluch was sliping
Back to top Go down
dufc3125
dufc3125

Poorly gearbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poorly gearbox   Poorly gearbox Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 4:21 pm

so Ill have to drop the box out then? sounds way to technical for me mate Looks like Ill be asking for a budding volunteer from work to be helping with this one.
Cheers for the advice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Poorly gearbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poorly gearbox   Poorly gearbox Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poorly gearbox
Page 1 of 1