vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

Wiper blades in self destruct mode...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
indigoking

Wiper blades in self destruct mode... Empty
PostSubject: Wiper blades in self destruct mode...   Wiper blades in self destruct mode... Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 6:13 pm

Hello all, 1st post,

Redirected by a fellow member ...

It is a 2004 on a 53 plate, or a 2003 registered in 04. (it has the orange bulb indicators). is that the "A"?

I imagine this issue has been addressed before, so apologise for duplicity to the regulars.

Basically during light rain the wipers caught and one disintigrated (drivers side)

Went to halfords they listed 2 x 24" (own brand).
Bosch listed driver 24" passenger 22"

I bought the Bosch option.
The only way to get them to "miss" each other is to put the passenger side on top, as high as possible so that it hits the frame!
Then the driver side as low as possible leaving a good 4 inches of windscreen dirty, visibility is lousy already - with this much dirt, downright dangerous.
It's always been bad - the passenger gets better visibility than the driver! NUTS! (I thought I could sort it by putting the driver side on top - so that it cleans to the frame, and the passenger as low as possible - didn't work).

The owners manual doesn't give wiper size or any info on setting up the wipers, nor does the Haines book. Halfords and Bosch quote different sizes.
If I go to a dealer - I'll be fleeced clean (I imagine)
For now I am using the driver side only installed, which in my mind is the safest option, as it minimizes that blind area - it's too big to be called a spot!

HELP much appreciated ! Thank You
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

PostSubject: Re: Wiper blades in self destruct mode...   Wiper blades in self destruct mode... Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 6:27 pm

lift up the caps at the bottom of the wiper arms and loosem the nuts of a litle adjust the the wipers until they are where you want them then tighten them up again

ps welcome to the bus crew buddy
Back to top Go down
http://www.vxzoc.com
indigoking

PostSubject: Re: Wiper blades in self destruct mode...   Wiper blades in self destruct mode... Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 6:49 pm

topladz wrote:
lift up the caps at the bottom of the wiper arms and loosem the nuts of a litle adjust the the wipers until they are where you want them then tighten them up again

ps welcome to the bus crew buddy

Tx for the welcome mate!

The problem is how to adjust them, so far I ve tried both options above, I can't risk any more collisions the splines are showing wear from the jamming each time I give em a go - why did they do this? Whats wrong with "normal" wipers?

Do you know where I can get the info on blade size? As above the only source I have gave different sizes!

Cheers
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: Wiper blades in self destruct mode...   Wiper blades in self destruct mode... Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:58 pm

both mine are 24 inch blades..
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

PostSubject: Re: Wiper blades in self destruct mode...   Wiper blades in self destruct mode... Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:15 pm

both mine are 24"
Back to top Go down
http://www.vxzoc.com
bud1970
Mod
Mod
bud1970

PostSubject: Re: Wiper blades in self destruct mode...   Wiper blades in self destruct mode... Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:44 pm

got the same problem meself, mine wipers snagged too and destroyed each other. cost me €45 to replace 'em.......
Back to top Go down
madgezza
Group Buyer
Group Buyer
madgezza

PostSubject: Re: Wiper blades in self destruct mode...   Wiper blades in self destruct mode... Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 11:02 pm

mine are both 24" aero blades
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: Wiper blades in self destruct mode...   Wiper blades in self destruct mode... Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 10:36 am

I fitted aero blades too as when traveling at high speed in the rain my original bosch wipers would hardly move on the downward stroke..took it up to the airfield at smeathape in the rain using a disused runway and at 80+ they really really struggled to go down..at 130+ the stopped coming down..fitted the new aero ones and took it up to 80+ mph and the wipers worked normally ...took it up to 137mph and they still worked as if there was no wind force against them...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wiper blades in self destruct mode...   Wiper blades in self destruct mode... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wiper blades in self destruct mode...
Page 1 of 1