vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod.

Go down 
+9
rick45
jackalsb
nixoro
pyro_maniac
clarky69
andromeda411
supersterl
topladz
samba
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
samba
samba

zafira - Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod. Empty
PostSubject: Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod.   zafira - Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 11:21 pm

We have a trip to Spain in August and would like to fit the cool air to Glove box mod, I've taken the glove box out and can see the clip where the pipe clips to the glove box, but can't find/see where the pipe comes from, anyone done the mod and can show with pictures (ideal) how to do.
Yours with a warm can of Diet Coke.
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod.   zafira - Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 11:29 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.vxzoc.com
samba
samba

PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod.   zafira - Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 11:43 pm

Thanks, I saw that (big help) but, can't see/feel where other end goes ?
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod.   zafira - Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 6:30 pm

you dont need to touch the other end at all ..Samba.. just remove the rubber bung from the hole on the right in line with the holes in glove box..and fit the new part with the slide mechanism into the hole just inside the glove box outer section (not the opening part)
once the rubber bung is removed the cold air will come out of hole when your aircon is turned on..hence the fitting of the sliding door piece..
Back to top Go down
andromeda411
Regional Co.
Regional Co.
andromeda411

PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod.   zafira - Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 12:02 pm

i did this little mod today and managed to do it without removing any trim.
if you have a set of long nosed pliers you can take off the rubber cover from the pipe and then just push the new slide/switch into place.
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod.   zafira - Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 10:13 pm

i was wondering if that was possible.. good to know..now wheres my long noses pliers..
Back to top Go down
clarky69
clarky69

PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod.   zafira - Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 2:41 pm

my switch turned up today, however it is cold and rainy here, anybody do a heated glovebox to keep me cuppa hot!! zafira - Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod. Lol

should get it fitted tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
clarky69
clarky69

PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod.   zafira - Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 3:34 pm

andromeda411 wrote:
i did this little mod today and managed to do it without removing any trim.
if you have a set of long nosed pliers you can take off the rubber cover from the pipe and then just push the new slide/switch into place.

Rain stopped, been outside and fitted switch, took above advice, all done in less than 5 mins, however i managed to drop bung before i got it out, so its floating around between glovebox and trim, won't do any harm down there will it? seema a shame to remove glovebox to get bung back when the switch got fitted without taking it out... zafira - Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod. Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
pyro_maniac

PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod.   zafira - Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 6:56 pm

just ordered my switch, whats the betting when i get it all the hot weather will have gone,lol
Back to top Go down
clarky69
clarky69

PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod.   zafira - Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 7:14 pm

pyro_maniac wrote:
just ordered my switch, whats the betting when i get it all the hot weather will have gone,lol
it was pouring down when mine today, someone trying to tell me something?
Back to top Go down
nixoro
nixoro

PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod.   zafira - Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 11:32 pm

Fitted mine and dads tonight well pleased, does anyone know if this can be done with the zaffy A as my mum wants this done to hers lol

Nice little mod Smile
Back to top Go down
samba
samba

PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod.   zafira - Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 11:42 pm

I'm having problems getting the hose connection, the local dealer can only find the Astra version, as the Zafira hose is upside-down V shaped, can any one help, got the slide/switch for £2.45.
Back to top Go down
nixoro
nixoro

PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod.   zafira - Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 11:51 pm

samba wrote:
I'm having problems getting the hose connection, the local dealer can only find the Astra version, as the Zafira hose is upside-down V shaped, can any one help, got the slide/switch for £2.45.

Hi Samba

What model is your Zaf? A or B ?

Mines the B basic spec and the pipe was already in place.

Got any pics of your problem?

Cheers

Roy
Back to top Go down
samba
samba

PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod.   zafira - Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 1:38 pm

Mine is a 2009 "B" Exclsiv(e) and the hose is not there, I have found the other end e.g. where the pipe starts, I removed the plastic vent that directs air to your feet, I have the slide/switch comming on Monday so all I need is the pipe, we looked on the parts list/pictures and we found the Astra version (part number 13242604) but could not find the equivilant Zafira pipe, the slide switch was there but not the hose that it connects to, so if some one knows it let me know, we did find a pipe that maybe looks like it but it was called a "Radio cooling pipe", still onwards and upwards.
Terry.
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod.   zafira - Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 8:25 pm

There isnt a hose Samba

firstly open the glove box,do you have a hole about 18mm on the right hand side of the section that drops outward..if so then when this is open you should see another 18mm hole in the glove box surround (these should line up when box is closed..
well if you look through the second hole i mention you will find a rubber stopper ...(not a pipe)
you need to pull out this rubber stopper with a pair of long nosed pliers (making sure that you dont drop it..)
turn on your aircon and you should feel cold air coming through this hole....
then pushfit the tubular pipe part of the sliding switch into the surround hole where the cold air is coming out of (not the opening glove box section) and then it is installed..close glove box to cool it..(provided you slide it to cool)
Back to top Go down
nixoro
nixoro

PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod.   zafira - Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 8:29 pm

samba wrote:
Mine is a 2009 "B" Exclsiv(e) and the hose is not there, I have found the other end e.g. where the pipe starts, I removed the plastic vent that directs air to your feet, I have the slide/switch comming on Monday so all I need is the pipe, we looked on the parts list/pictures and we found the Astra version (part number 13242604) but could not find the equivilant Zafira pipe, the slide switch was there but not the hose that it connects to, so if some one knows it let me know, we did find a pipe that maybe looks like it but it was called a "Radio cooling pipe", still onwards and upwards.
Terry.

With the glove box open on the right closest the centre can you see the hole where the slider will clip into place, if you put your finger in there can you feel the rubber gromet cover if you can its a case of remove the glove box and detatch the gromet the pipe exit will then be exposed.

Being yours is a 2009 B you should have this as I'd have thought this would be standard across the range.

Do you have any photo's you could post up.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Roy Smile
Back to top Go down
clarky69
clarky69

PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod.   zafira - Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 9:32 pm

"you need to pull out this rubber stopper with a pair of long nosed pliers (making sure that you dont drop it..)"

Cheers sterl!!!!!
Back to top Go down
samba
samba

PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod.   zafira - Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 10:06 pm

I know the pipe/rubber bung thing you mean, but my zafira does not have that pipe that has the rubber bung that you remove, fitted, just a slot where the pipe should be, so when I remove the glove box and fit the slide switch there is no pipe to connect it to, just a mounting slot for it to fit into, (must be Vauxhall saving a few pound) so I need the pipe that goes between the newly fitted slide switch and the plastic box with the oval shaped rubber bung where the cool air would come from, the pipe would be about 10-12 ins. long.
Back to top Go down
pyro_maniac

PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod.   zafira - Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 4:03 pm

i got my switch today and am having the same problem as samba, there is no pipe just the mounting slot for the pipe, i have a 58 plate sri
Back to top Go down
samba
samba

PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod.   zafira - Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 5:37 pm

The plot thickens....
Back to top Go down
samba
samba

PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod.   zafira - Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 5:41 pm

I'm looking at getting the Astra version pipe, as I know both ends are correct and "modding" it with come hose pipe and amelgam tape so it starts and finnishes in the correct places, if I can't find the correct Zafira pipe.
Back to top Go down
jackalsb
jackalsb

PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod.   zafira - Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 9:03 pm

I just picked up my 58 design today and this was a mod i was going to do straight away. Only though to find out I to do not have the pipe either. I would be intrested if you can find the part number for the pipe as well Smile
Back to top Go down
https://en-gb.facebook.com/stephen.bonnington
samba
samba

PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod.   zafira - Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 9:41 pm

I have ordered a pipe from Vauxhall (£15 +VAT) I'll get the part number when I pick it up, it's not the right one but I know it will fit with "a little help", as I gave up trying to get the Zafira version, I'll post some pictures to help, should pick it up in the next few days.

Back to top Go down
rick45
rick45

PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod.   zafira - Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 3:24 pm

iv'e just ordered the slide before i finished reading the whole thread went out to mine and bugger me mine hasn't got the pipe either,
looks like a trip to vaux DAM more bloody expense,
i am not going to say owt to the owd woman else i'd get another bol**cking.
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod.   zafira - Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 3:29 pm

rick45 wrote:
iv'e just ordered the slide before i finished reading the whole thread went out to mine and bugger me mine hasn't got the pipe either,
looks like a trip to vaux DAM more bloody expense,
i am not going to say owt to the owd woman else i'd get another bol**cking.

i have to do things like that to lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.vxzoc.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod.   zafira - Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zafira B Cool Glove Box Mod.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next