vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

ZAFFY GSI ENGINE TROUBLE!!!

Go down 
+2
madgezza
SlipperyamosGSI
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SlipperyamosGSI
SlipperyamosGSI

ZAFFY GSI ENGINE TROUBLE!!! Empty
PostSubject: ZAFFY GSI ENGINE TROUBLE!!!   ZAFFY GSI ENGINE TROUBLE!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 7:21 pm

Hi
Just driving my 2002 Gsi home tonight and the engine management light came on and now the car is shuddering
Didn't hear any noise and no smoke coming from exhaust its just shuddering through gears and at idle, just sounds really rough, its only done 54000 miles and serviced regulary
ANY CLUES THANKS!
Back to top Go down
madgezza
Group Buyer
Group Buyer
madgezza

PostSubject: Re: ZAFFY GSI ENGINE TROUBLE!!!   ZAFFY GSI ENGINE TROUBLE!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 9:17 pm

do the pedal test and find out what code it gives you
Back to top Go down
SlipperyamosGSI
SlipperyamosGSI

PostSubject: Re: ZAFFY GSI ENGINE TROUBLE!!!   ZAFFY GSI ENGINE TROUBLE!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 9:23 pm

Yeah did that two codes
0300 and 0302
2nd cylinder and random misfiring i think
Could this of happened because i got a little water over summat that i shouldn't, i was cleaning engine bay thought i covered everything but may have missed summat
Thanks
Back to top Go down
madgezza
Group Buyer
Group Buyer
madgezza

PostSubject: Re: ZAFFY GSI ENGINE TROUBLE!!!   ZAFFY GSI ENGINE TROUBLE!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 9:26 pm

is it still in limp mode? if it is it might be worth disconnecting the battery for 30 mins and resetting the codes and go from there
Back to top Go down
SlipperyamosGSI
SlipperyamosGSI

PostSubject: Re: ZAFFY GSI ENGINE TROUBLE!!!   ZAFFY GSI ENGINE TROUBLE!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 9:28 pm

Yeah in Limp mode driving like a NOVA but sounds worse!
I'm stummped if i take it to the garage are they only going to tel me what i already know
Cheers
Back to top Go down
madgezza
Group Buyer
Group Buyer
madgezza

PostSubject: Re: ZAFFY GSI ENGINE TROUBLE!!!   ZAFFY GSI ENGINE TROUBLE!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 9:52 pm

do as above mate, leave the battery diconnected for 30 mins and see what happens. when i first bought mine it was going into limp mode after 60-70 miles then if i disconnected the battery it would be fine for another 60-70 miles eventually found out it was the idle valve fault so a new complete throttle body needed
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: ZAFFY GSI ENGINE TROUBLE!!!   ZAFFY GSI ENGINE TROUBLE!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 10:39 pm

Back to top Go down
SlipperyamosGSI
SlipperyamosGSI

PostSubject: Re: ZAFFY GSI ENGINE TROUBLE!!!   ZAFFY GSI ENGINE TROUBLE!!! Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 4:18 pm

Hi just been to the garage they said its the coil pack that needs changing, anyone had this problem?? know of a rough price?
Also what about the timing belt how many miles does it need changing and rough price
Cheers
Back to top Go down
madgezza
Group Buyer
Group Buyer
madgezza

PostSubject: Re: ZAFFY GSI ENGINE TROUBLE!!!   ZAFFY GSI ENGINE TROUBLE!!! Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 12:18 am

you wont be the first to change the coil pack, heard about a few of these that break down. have a hunt on ebay mate but get a genuine one not a pattern part. cambelts should be done every 40k i belive
Back to top Go down
H
H

PostSubject: Re: ZAFFY GSI ENGINE TROUBLE!!!   ZAFFY GSI ENGINE TROUBLE!!! Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:24 am

theres this 1 on vauxhall world parts..

http://www.vauxhallworldparts.com/partsearch/partdetail.php?partid=1405&partlinkid=14186

dont seem a bad price to be fair..
Back to top Go down
SlipperyamosGSI
SlipperyamosGSI

PostSubject: Re: ZAFFY GSI ENGINE TROUBLE!!!   ZAFFY GSI ENGINE TROUBLE!!! Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 9:15 am

Cheers yeah i'll only get genuine parts, have to order from Ukk to be sent here ( Ireland ) coz they haven't a clue the Opel garage here didn't even know of the GSI!!!!!?
So i'll source parts and take them to a garage to be fitted, be Wed or Thursday before its done now THOUGH!
Cheers again
Back to top Go down
Milly-gsi
Mod
Mod
Milly-gsi

PostSubject: Re: ZAFFY GSI ENGINE TROUBLE!!!   ZAFFY GSI ENGINE TROUBLE!!! Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 3:14 pm

my coil pack went afew months ago, changed the plugs at the same time as it was alittle rusty and my bus went into limp mode when warmed up but was okish when cold
Back to top Go down
SlipperyamosGSI
SlipperyamosGSI

PostSubject: Re: ZAFFY GSI ENGINE TROUBLE!!!   ZAFFY GSI ENGINE TROUBLE!!! Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 3:21 pm

yeah same for me, gotta wait for parts now gonna have cambelt done whilst shes their! the joys of motoring!!!
Back to top Go down
IAN74

PostSubject: Re: ZAFFY GSI ENGINE TROUBLE!!!   ZAFFY GSI ENGINE TROUBLE!!! Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 11:54 pm

40k or 4 years for the belt mate depends which comes first thats what my vx dealer said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ZAFFY GSI ENGINE TROUBLE!!!   ZAFFY GSI ENGINE TROUBLE!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ZAFFY GSI ENGINE TROUBLE!!!
Page 1 of 1