vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

key fob issue

Go down 
+2
arnelv
papagsi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
papagsi

key fob issue Empty
PostSubject: key fob issue   key fob issue Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 11:51 am

hi has any one else had an issue with the key fob i changed the battery but still dont lock im now thinking its something up with the car . And was just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue and what did you do cheers
Back to top Go down
arnelv
arnelv

key fob issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: key fob issue   key fob issue Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 8:33 pm

i did had a problem last year on the key fob. Went to a Opel garage, sort out to replace the Control locking ECU will cost me 100+ eu. and labor. Am now using my duplicate key, can open the doors by remote but have to close them manually. Check your key or add a bit of cardboard paper to ensure contact. Try your duplicate key too, might work or if not, u have to change that locking box, which you could find beside the driver side panel..Good luck !
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

key fob issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: key fob issue   key fob issue Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 9:38 pm

Just needs re-programming I expect mate. Common thing which is doable by the user. Have a search on here or on google for how to do it.
Back to top Go down
papagsi

key fob issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: key fob issue   key fob issue Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 7:53 am

tried the holing button test no joy but i remember now that the wife chucked the keys over the balcony to me and since then its packed up so a trip to the dealer me thinks
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

key fob issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: key fob issue   key fob issue Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 11:00 am

I'd be checking the contacts on the battery before going to a dealer. I'd be surprised if it was something more sinister than a connection problem - something a main dealer would charge an arm and a leg for I expect.
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

key fob issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: key fob issue   key fob issue Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 11:08 am

insert key into ignition and turn to light dash but not to start car and press and hold key button in...doors should lock and unlock then key is programmed to open doors..(do the lights on front of fob work when pressing button)..if not then build up inside the fob with paper to hold the battery tight against the electrics..this should make the unit work..if this is the case..
Back to top Go down
dnalevy

key fob issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: key fob issue   key fob issue Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 3:45 am

The battery terminals come away from the circuit board inside these keys.
Get someone who can do some simple soldering to resolder the contacts.
Back to top Go down
adeh

key fob issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: key fob issue   key fob issue Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 3:36 pm

Had problem with both keys: could open doors ok but no remote closing. Cured as follows:

Key1: Opened key as instructed in manual (i.e.with great difficulty!). Removed battery. Found that two of the contacts on button switch (with the little soft plastic buttons) were unsoldered on the "unlock doors" switch. When the button was pressed, this pushed the loose connections on to the circuit board, thus enabling the button to operate. As the other "lock doors" switch is interconnected to the other one, it would not operate with the two bad connections open. Soldered the bad connections, and Bingo! saved myself a lot of cash.

Key number 2. Opened key as before mentioned, found that the "lock doors" button was clogged up, probably with sweat, or whatever found it's way through the splits in the cover. Removed soft plastic button, cleaned gunge out with solvent, made sure button was operating correctly, and Bingo! more money saved. Mind you, it took a lot longer to do that to write about.....and beware--don't lose the little soft plastic buttons, they're dam hard to find on an untidy floor...
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

key fob issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: key fob issue   key fob issue Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 6:04 pm

Actually i have made another key for sons Astra gsi and it has a new transponder and blade, but the key fob was from an old key...i had the blade cut in key cutting shop and the key would then open doors (not remote) and fit in ignition and turn the dash lights on but it would not start car...i then used my op-com to program the transponder which then started the car ,,, but i still cannot get the remote lock unlock to work yet key fob issue Icon_sad ..will be trying to sort this out at week end coming key fob issue Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

key fob issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: key fob issue   key fob issue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

key fob issue
Page 1 of 1